Good Morning

I’ve always been a little cynical about the whole ‘attract it and it’ll come’ view of the world. After all, I’ve been thinking positive thoughts about Mercedes Benz cars coming my way for decades now and I haven’t seen one in my driveway yet.

In fact my driveway is a tad empty currently. Our faithful old vehicle was scrapped by the insurance company after an unfortunate accident back in May and we’ve been struggling to find a replacement car ever since.

So this morning I needed to crank up Shank’s Pony and head over to The Marina for an appointment. Despite having to walk, I couldn’t help but admire the day.

Spring is indeed on its way as the freesias in the garden have been whispering for weeks now. gdmorn

This was the view on my morning walk. Not bad really.

And as I walked I came across half of the seaside suburb out on their constitutionals. Some were jogging in the sunshine, others were walking pooches of all shapes and sizes, and yet others were doing their morning Tai Chi or some other complicated Asian exercise. We may not have all been doing the Sun pose, but we were all saluting the sun.

As I walked fifteen groups of people smiled and wished me ‘Good Morning.’ By the time I’d walked the 1 km or so to The Marina, I really felt it was.

Maybe there’s something in this attract good things into your life thing. Not to mention its sister belief – speak it into being. It bodes well for the other belief relative – the vision board. I might have to get into that on the weekend.

Have you ever had success with vision boards, positive affirmations or anything akin to those ideas? Magic? Faith? or Bunkum?

'Good Morning' has 10 comments

1. August 27, 2014 @ 7:30 am Bright Side of Life

Good morning, Vix. Well it will be by the time you wake up! Looking on the Bright Side (groan) does help! It’s okay, I also swear quite a lot and curse the world… inside my head! 🙂

• August 27, 2014 @ 9:21 am vegemitevix

It was morning when I wrote it! Had a bit of a late one last night. I find swearing just as useful as affirmations honestly. It helps to vent negative energy. Of course I would always look on the Bright Side! x

2. August 28, 2014 @ 2:38 am Bronnie - Maid In Australia

Definitely getting out in nature and beauty and coming across positive people helps in spades. I hope it all works out for you. And to be honest for a long time I believed in affirmations, but sometimes I believe they are shit. So many cruel things happening to so many people – makes me doubt karma and the universe/God. But I try, and a beautiful view like the one you saw today, can do amazing things. x

• September 6, 2014 @ 8:49 am vegemitevix

Oh Bronnie, I know. We have a parallel journey methinks. I don’t understand the cruelty and I don’t understand the randomness of that cruelty. Why some people and not others? I don’t understand. If there’s a reason for the pain and suffering I don’t know what it could possibly be. Take the people in trouble spots around the world like Gaza, Ukraine, Sierra Leone etc what did they do so terribly wrong? I know from my travels that we are all the same everywhere in the world, and there is nothing more affirming than disconnecting from tech and heading out into nature. The view out my window keeps me hoping. Which is another way of saying, it keeps me alive. x

3. August 28, 2014 @ 6:47 pm Iota Manhattan

Love that morning view!

I do think that belief shapes life. So that if you’re always looking on the negative, you’ll get more negative things coming to you. And if you’re always looking on the positive, you’ll get more positive things coming to you. I suppose the question is, is it just your perception?

• September 6, 2014 @ 8:45 am vegemitevix

Hi Iota, long time no hear! Where in the world are you these days, still Manhattan? Yes I wake up every day and say to myself ‘I love living here.’ I wonder about the perception thing. Maybe it’s just our RAS kicking in and helping us to notice the positive stuff that we’ve previously filtered out?

• September 7, 2014 @ 12:49 am Iota Manhattan

No. Now back in Scotland. (And it wasn’t Manhattan, by the way. That’s my alter ego surname. It was Midwest. Right slap bang in the middle of the US, on the plains, far far from anywhere with the cultural riches and excitement of Manhattan – which I lamented at first, but grew to love our little backwater over time.)

RAS? Google doesn’t help with this one. Royal Astronomical Society, or Reflex Anoxic Seizures is the best it can do.

4. August 29, 2014 @ 4:43 am MidlifeSinglemum

I once read that book, The Secret. As I understand it, you are supposed to picture what you want in your mind and that puts it out there for the universe to deliver. Now I’m terrified every time I picture a disaster or something sad even for a second in case I’m putting it out there for the universe to deliver. No one has been able to explain to me why it is supposed to work for good things and not for bad things. If anyone has the answer I’d be grateful to hear it.

• September 6, 2014 @ 8:44 am vegemitevix

Funny thing Rachel I had the same thought! As my mind is always flicking through the possibilities, and sometimes they are negative, I worry about this also. Then if a bad thing does happen there is always the guilt that somehow you are responsible because you didn’t think positively enough. Reminds me of when I was younger and in a Christian cult and people were blamed for not being healed in healing sessions. It was their fault they weren’t healed of cancer because they didn’t believe enough. Crappy logic methinks.